May was a good reading month for me with 24 books read!
May started off really well. I joined my first buddy reads / book clubs during the month and I loved the book discussions. I hosted my first giveaway over on Bookstagram and I read the some amazing books (11 of them!) in the first half of the month.
- HIGH STRUNG – Janice Peacock (ebook not pictured)
- THE KIND WORTH KILLING – Peter Swanson
- WOMEN TALKING – Miriam Toewes
- THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS IS – Laurie Frankel
- MY LOVELY WIFE – Samantha Downing
- ANDERSEN’S FAIRY TALES – Hans Christian Anderson
- THE SILENT PATIENT – Alex Michaelides
- THE LAST – Hanna Jameson
- WE ARE THE ANTS – Shaun David Hutchinson
- MIRACLE CREEK – Angie Kim
- THE ASTONISHING COLOR OF AFTER – Emily X.R. Pan
The rest of May was equally good on the reading front and I wound up reading a total of 24 books. This brings up my total to 132 books read in 2019.
- THE MOTHER-IN-LAW – Sally Hepworth (audiobook, not pictured)
- THE MURDER OF ROGER ACKROYD – Agatha Christie
- THE MANGO BRIDE – Marivi Soliven
- THEY ALL FALL DOWN – Rachel Howzell Hall
- THE TWO LILA BENNETTS – Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke (ebook, not pictured)
- CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC – Sophie Kinsella
- STRONGER, FASTER AND MORE BEAUTIFUL – Arwen Elys Dayton
- SAVE THE DATE – Mary Kay Andrews
- SING, UNBURIED, SING – Jesmyn Ward
- THE LAST TIME I LIED – Riley Sager
- FINALE – Stephanie Garber
- ALL MY PUNY SORROWS – Miriam Toews
- 84, CHARING CROSS ROAD – Helen Hanff (not pictured)
Stand out favorites for this month were definitely MIRACLE CREEK by Angie Kim and ALL MY PUNY SORROWS by Miriam Toews, but all of the books I read in May have reviews posted on my Instagram account, dg_reads.
See any favorites or any you are planning to read?