I wanted to do a quick post to share the contents of my latest Unplugged Book Box. This is the adult box and the second one I’ve received and it is another lovely assortment centered on the Independence theme:
- Peter Pan Mini Mason Jar – Cheers to Never Growing Up – a message which I can definitely support!
- Fight Club Mug Rug from Clockwork Heart Co which is effectively padding my water bottles against condensation in the summer heat
- Red Rising Tealight Candles from Get Fictional in Mustang and Darrow scents. I’ve already ordered some more fictional candles. My candle collection did come in handy during a recent power outage, so it’s a practical purchase… really!
- A Discovery of Witches Soap from The Witch’s Bath. I didn’t know I needed a brainy soap, but it smells wonderful!
- Good Omens Aloe Vera from the Unplugged team, a perfect product for post-summer sun!
- And the centerpiece is THE DAUGHTERS OF TEMPERANCE HOBBS by Katherine Howe
This is a new to me author and title and while it is a follow up to a prior book, I gather it will also work as a standalone novel. From Goodreads:
New York Times bestselling author Katherine Howe returns to the world of The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane with a bewitching story of a New England history professor who must race against time to free her family from a curse
Connie Goodwin is an expert on America’s fractured past with witchcraft. A young, tenure-track professor in Boston, she’s earned career success by studying the history of magic in colonial America—especially women’s home recipes and medicines—and by exposing society’s threats against women fluent in those skills. But beyond her studies, Connie harbors a secret: She is the direct descendant of a woman tried as a witch in Salem, an ancestor whose abilities were far more magical than the historical record shows.
When a hint from her mother and clues from her research lead Connie to the shocking realization that her partner’s life is in danger, she must race to solve the mystery behind a hundreds’-years-long deadly curse.
Flashing back through American history to the lives of certain supernaturally gifted women, The Daughters of Temperance Hobbsaffectingly reveals not only the special bond that unites one particular matriarchal line, but also explores the many challenges to women’s survival across the decades—and the risks some women are forced to take to protect what they love most.
I am very much looking forward to reading and using everything in this box! The theme for August was revealed as Relaxation and I can’t wait!