It’s 5am Pacific Time so the Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon is underway! It has been a long week, so I don’t plan to actually stay up the full 24 hours this time, but I’ve got my audiobook playing while I brew up some coffee and I plan to keep reading for as many of the hours as I can!
Coming late in the month, I have whittled down my October TBR quite a bit, so my readathon TBR is a bit all over the place. I’m mostly sticking with the October dark and thrilling reads, but have a little variety thrown in which is always good for an extended reading binge:
- BECOMING by Michelle Obama – my audiobook loan just finally came through so I’m going to try to fit some of this one in
- FRANKENSTEIN by Mary Shelley – I am about halfway through this one for the #classicsbuddyread
- REPUTATION by Sara Shepherd – this one comes out in December and I’m excited to start reading it!
- SOMETIMES I LIE by Alice Feeney – this is the one book I didn’t get to from my recent Spookathon TBR so figured I would throw it in here too
- THERE WILL COME A DARKNESS – Katy Rose Pool
My Kindle is also stuffed with some extra books (not to mention my bookshelves) so I’m sure there will be some last minute mood reading swaps before the readathon is over!
Readathons are also a good excuse to break out the reading snacks and treats! I’ve got a ready supply of bookish candles, some coffee and snacks I got in a Coffee and a Classic box for my birthday and some random extra treats to keep me going! I’ve got a new Halloween toy and some seasonal treats to keep Kylee entertained as well!
Are you participating in Dewey’s 24 Hour Readathon this weekend? Let me know! I’ll be posting to my stories over on Instagram throughout the day, so feel free to drop by!