Happy Monday, friends! I took the day off from work, so this is a much happier Monday for me than the usual! I had a good weekend of reading, participating in a 24-hour readathon and spending much of the weekend hanging out with some of my favorite booktubers in reading sprints. Living my best reading dreams, honestly. Today I’m trying to get back to being at least a little productive – laundry and some other housework, but I do plan to get in a lot of reading too. It is halfway into #AmbitiousAugust so I’m happy that I’m still feeling the urge to keep reading!
August is the autumn session of the #OriliumReadathon #MagicalReadathon from G @book_roast! This readathon follow the spring edition from April, so my choice to be ambitious then comes back to haunt me with my Alchemist calling and I need 14 total books to pass this session. Me being me I am also trying to pick up some of the optional quests along the way. Taking a look at my ‘required’ courses, I am not doing too badly with eight of the books done including the biggest of the bunch.
Given that I own a princess bride mug that had to be my featured book for this post. This is our #ClassicsBuddyRead for August and it is one I’ve a bit been dreading to be honest. I did the abridged audiobook a while back and did not care for it, so I’ve been hoping that reading the full version will be better. I have it down for my childhood favorite prompt for the movie, not the book. I’ve made it through all of the many introductions before the story proper begins so I’m hoping that it picks up a bit!
These are my required courses for this session of the readathon:
– book with an animal companion or familiar – LOVE IN THE TIME OF SERIAL KILLERS by Alicia Thompson (@PRHAudio gifted audiobook)
– letter L in the title – WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE SUMMER by Jenny Han
– book on someone else’s worst books list – THIS IS HOW YOU LOSE THE TIME WAR by Amal El-Mohtar & Max Gladstone
– an orange book – THE PRYNNE VIPER by Bianca Marais
– one word title – KISMET by Amina Akhtar (@TLCBookTours @AmazonPublishing gifted copy)
– a childhood favourite – THE PRINCESS BRIDE by William Goldman
– a graphic novel/comic/manga – RAT QUEENS VOL 6 by Kurtis Wiebe
– a cozy read – FAKE IT TILL YOU BAKE IT by Jamie Wesley
Spells & Incantations
– book matching a random color from a color wheel – GWENDY’S BUTTON BOX by Stephen King & Richard Chizmar
– a book from someone else’s TBR – THE IT GIRL by Ruth Ware
– a single object as the focus of the cover – AN UNTHINKABLE THING by Nicole Lundrigan (@KateRockTours and @PenguinRandomCA gifted copy)
– a fantasy – THE BITTER TWINS by Jen Williams
– a book with colors similar to your country’s flag – HYSTERICAL by Elissa Bassist (@HachetteBooks gifted copy)
– story featuring a betrayal – THE NIGHT OF LEGENDS by Leslie W (@TLCBookTours gifted copy)
What are you reading this week? I’d love to hear!